Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sleepless In Savannah...

There once was a lady that lived in a cottage on the marsh and near the sea...
She fell madly in love with the moon and the night and all of its creatures...
Found serenity in the stillness and silence of the twilight hours...
She would productively work at hours when others found themselves dreaming...
She guarded the dreams of her loved ones as she created her own...

Photobucket

It's three in the morning and on my stove there is a beef stew with fresh vegetables stewing.
Cooking low and slow... The full bodied red wine and bay leaves linger in the air like a luxurious bouquet and I am transported to some Villa in the south of Spain... On a Winters night the smell of wood from the fireplace and the herbs that I've gather are drying by the fire they too join to dance with my stew...

Photobucket

I am right here ...
At home...  Sleepless but present.
I hope you are enjoying the holiday season...

Photobucket

Stay Sweet Peeps...

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Looove hanging out w/ you, Adriana.

    The scent of stew simmering slowly. The wood-stove burning...


    ...brings your readers where you are.

    Magic. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure paint pictures with your words hon. I wanna hang out with you, drinking wine, smelling the burning wood, talking about dreams while everyone else is dreaming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this line:

    She guarded the dreams of her loved ones as she created her own...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...