Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Something Sweet...


Check out the creations we are making...

Santa Hat Brownies
Adapted from this recipe found on Erica’s Sweet Tooth
Yields 12-16 brownies
Ingredients:
1 pan of your favorite brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter)
12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)
Mascarpone Buttercream
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Method:
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add vanilla extract and salt.  Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth.  Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness.
To assemble, pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie.  Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.  Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I keep wanting to make these. I'll have to do it before Santa gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son saw this in passing as I was reading it and said "mom, I need these!!" Thanks for another great idea and recipe!! I would never think of combining those to make such a tasty treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yummy too! Stopping by from Mom Blog Monday bloghop!

    The Twerp & I

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious. It's funny I was like, "they look like santa hats!" before I scrolled down and saw that that's what the recipe calls them. Haha.

    Following you via GFC from the Take Three blog hop!
    http://mydogsandbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! These brownies have the be the cutest things I've seen this season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I found my way here through the Wobble over Wednesday blog hop. Happy Holidays!

    http://culinarycozies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. --- Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. :)

    I'll be right over. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to make these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mascarpone? Chocolate? Yes please! These are adorable (and I'm sure delicious). I'm a new follower via Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

    I'm cohosting a Link party this week at my blog Chickenscratchny.blogspot.com I would love it if you would stop by and link up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...