Monday, March 28, 2011

stand in the place where you are...

One of the hardest things I ever had to do was to stand still... for some reason I have always wanted to run... unbridled, wild and carefree ...at the end of my 1st marriage my initial reaction was to run....to run with the wind go home to my family I thought... but I didn't... 
I stood still. 


When I met my husband I wanted to run... all the love I was given I did not know what to do with it...at times I felt as if my heart was going to explode from all the love and emotions I was feeling... I wanted to run as fast as I could. Fear I felt... afraid of being loved...what ignorant notion... but...
I stood still...


la dulce vida
our skies as the storm was approaching yesterday... i found a heart... 


When my teenage son challenged me and tried so hard for me to give up so he could run wild and free...untamed and unprepared he wanted to explore, discover and open doors that he should leave shut at least for now...I wanted to run but... 
I stood still...


la dulce vida


Like a tree... rooted, planted and strong. 
In full bloom... 
I stand still.....


This weekend I had the best intentions of taking the weekend and owning it...going in and out in a perfect balance or so I thought... but once again... 
I stood still... 


la dulce vida
rain wash it all away...


Since I aim only to distinguish the contradiction between my mind and nothingness...I went nowhere...and in going nowhere I went everywhere and I once again found myself. 




Photobucket


Have a sweet week...

14 comments:

  1. I'm a runner too....always have been...but the older I get, the easier it is to stand still and just BE.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can find myself in the same postion wanting to run, needing to flee, but standing still and going "nowhere", as you said, sometimes nowhere is where we need to be. Thanks for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post. and beautiful pictures

    standing still is when we are found :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv the way u captured the heart w/ur third eye. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, beautiful pictures.
    Thanks for the reminder to take a moment and just breathe. It's always so nice to read positive reminders like this: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this reminds me of my post today--for so long I tried to run from who I was to who I thought I had to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I love your images and second, your writing is beautiful...Love, love, love this post!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful!

    I love reading your blog. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photo #3 is really good. I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog post. Sometimes it is hard to stay still. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post, though it is your feelings it puts into words what I've been trying to say for months to myself. It is hard to stay still in out fast paced society, especially when you are trying to find yourself again.

    Amanda
    www.paganangelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely thoughtful post. Sometimes we needs to stand still and take in now x

    ReplyDelete
  13. sigh....your photos are dreamy....

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...