Monday, July 28, 2014

A Tribe Called Women...

This blog post began on July the 20th of 2014. I was inspired by Brooke Shield's old movies Pretty Baby and The Blue Lagoon that would be my point of origin but the shoot fell flat. It was cloudy, rainy and I felt it had no dimension. Or maybe I had no dimension at the moment. At times I wonder if I am solar powered. My Pretty Baby was more like a scene of Rosemary's Baby and my Blue Lagoon was more like the Black Lagoon...
Unconciously... I deleted the files only keeping 3 images and I begged Amy to reshoot. 

I gave her the excuse that most give... It's not you... It's me.
She asked "Are you breaking up with me?!"
To which I quickly reply  "No, I just need a break".
And a break I took...

:::Enter Deedee:::
There are people that come into your life and without any explanation they enhace your life and reality bring happiness and laughter as if breathing life into you. There are beings that come into our lives and turn a dull day into nothing but beauty... That's Deedee. A tribal dance teacher and my make up artist for many of my shoots. A single mom finishing her Masters degree... she is perfect.

:::Thank You:::
Amy thank you for whispering the words primtive and Niema and for the many lessons.
Niema thank you for your vulnerability and spirit. I am honored.

I, now proudly present to you the production and creation of a small tribe of women...

The Tribe...
Models : Amy H., Niema R.
MUAH & Styling : Deedee C.
Photography: Adriana Iris
Location: Our Village aka Savvy, GA

















“It’s the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I’m a woman...
Phenomenally.”   
Maya Angelou






Tribe



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribal feel to these photos. I enjoy your creativity. Great team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Am WOMAN.
    Watch Me Transform the Universe!
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been way too long since i've been over. as always - i'm happy with your photographs. savannah must be so proud of you x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...