Wednesday, June 29, 2011

An Ode to My Sisters... You

I am in search for a bit of silence before the 4th of July. We, woman and mothers are guilty of always stretching ourselves thin. Always giving in because we have so many reasons and ways to nourish, feed and even heal those that are around us. We, woman specially mothers... We know what we sign up for.  The endless work hours that have no scheduled time off or paid holidays or anyone that gives us that pat on the back and says "hey, great job"... No one tells us you know those towels smell amazing and we can't believe how soft they are and dinner was perfect and the way you arrange those flowers on that vase are just exquisite.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
My Crepe Myrtles Look Like The 4th Of July...

No... we don't get such praises... We just do... We do because we love. In perfect unselfish love we walk like soldiers. Full of hope and dreams and we are paid with kisses and hugs from the little ones maybe a smile from the older ones and hopefully a kiss from our partners. Not trying to make our work martyrdom because we know the pay off is greater than anything we can imagine. Oh if it wasn't for us that wish to civilize instead of colonize...What would have been of our planet?

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
Like the bee... We do... Unconsciously the bee just does... yet full of dedication and determination...

Well, there you  have it I just had my moment of "silence" for today and I did it for you and me... To let you know that I too recognize the struggles. That I hear you... I hear you when you are amidst a kitchen sink full of dishes and the phone is ringing and the baby is eating dog food and you like a brave soldier and a circus performer juggle it all... for them...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
Looking for the sweet nectar...

Sisters... I hear you... They often forget how we too have dreams, hopes and visions... And today we walk this sweet life together because after all we manage... We manage to take time for "silence" to appreciate and like historians you are keeping the story of your life... their lives alive... Because you heal when sick and listen when needed... Because you more times than not without any judgements love.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
In the south we get spectacular thunderstorms in the summer time... In Savannah this is how I bathe the kids... Just kidding I give them soap.

adrianaris
Savannah Rain brings everyone out because is now cool, windy and summer goodness surrounds us...

I took my time to tell you and myself you are loved because all you do is... love.

28 comments:

  1. I think you're awesome. This was sweet post. :) We should meet if I can ever get myself to Savannah for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti bring it on we can bathe the kids outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we all appreciate you in your journey as a woman, mother, sister and friend. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely. just what I needed. Feeling exhausted but inspired. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so good - very inspiring and such a lift UP today! I used to toss my son outside in heavy rains with soap - it was his favorite time! He was a water baby, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post! And so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really lovely post, and the accompanying photos really help set the tone. Love it!

    Visiting here from SITs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanto que me gusta la lluvia en el verano. Nothing in the world I'd trade, not prestige, fame, a corner office ... nada for being a mami. That's the most important job in the world. Beautiful post, amiga. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower - following you through GFC. I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Returning the follow. This post is so sweet. I like it. Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those pics in the rain are soooo amazing!
    i love it!!!!
    kisses!
    http://eldiariodeshyris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, peaceful, encouraging post! Love the photographs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely words and thoughts.

    the pay off is definitely WAY bigger and better.

    we had thunderstorms like that in Australia, wonderful.

    (p.s, couldn't find your pinterest link)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~~~So Exquisite.
    Your words crack me open :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This utterly made me tear up because every word is true. :) We so have to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made many a day better today.
    Kindness in each word, a pat on the back, appreciation for what not...beautiful AD...your kids are lucky to be a part of that love...unconditional!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always loved playing in the rain!

    New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great post and cute blog!
    the sweet life! isn't it!
    too cute the kiddos in the rain! give em soap haha

    i'm your newest follower on GFC! following from the thursday hop! Would love a follow back and say hello!
    http://www.bragallaboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this was sweet! :)

    i'm a new follower, found you on the blog hop. feel free to stop by mine...

    http://amommyslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so kind, and I feel so lucky to have met you.

    You are loved too, my friend! And appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a new blog hop follower. Loved your pictures.
    chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wise words and sweet encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  23. the truth is always beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, this was so needed, You hit the nail on the head, beautiful words, and photographs. Thank you for being a blessing, Amanda

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!!

    I am following you thanks to FHS Hoppin Weekend!! I am currently looking for bloggers to participate in a Back To School Giveaway Hop if you are interested!! Have a great Holiday Weekend!!

    http://www.sarahsblogoffun.com/2011/07/back-to-school-giveaway-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...