Monday, May 9, 2011

time travel…

Sometimes you have to travel backwards... all the way back to its beginning to be able to see the future. At least that thought kept running through my head since my last post.  This week has been filled with so many emotions and traveling my little city which is always so full of potential and unimaginable promise keeps me on my toes.  

Forgetting my city hosts fireworks on it's river every first Friday of the month brings that sense of... 
Oh, I am so lucky to be right here right now... and I begin to imagine that the fireworks are all just for me... For being brave enough to drive downtown all alone and grab dinner and celebrate with who-else but myself. On a Friday night when everyone is coupled and all the other tables are filled with quintessential girls night out... I toast, wish and hope for myself...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

Yes, the realization that your own company is at times all your soul needs deserves fireworks at least in my world.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

We can travel anywhere even in time if we really want to. The sights and sounds of medieval Scotland  at Savannah's Scottish games is filled with such strong testosterone driven energy even though the men wear plaid skirts  beautiful kilts and lots of shiny buckles…

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

 
I learned Haggis and Hagrid are two complete different things… Yes, Hagrid is magical and Haggis is not so much. 


 adrianairis La Dulce Vida


Later in the day Scotland puts me on a trance and that is when it shows its true colors … through its art, dance, music and sportsmanship… and now I know by going back and learning your history I can honestly say…


adrianairis La Dulce Vida

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

Scotland, I love you and I want to wash upon your shores… you are beautiful and sweet even when you cook the Haggis.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

When you are meeting friends for a sunset dinner by the sea and your restaurant is across the travelling state fair of such meeting be ready and take a chance walk through even if you don’t climb aboard any of its rides just take a moment to breath it in…

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

adrianaris

Beauty is everywhere…

la dulce vida adrianairis

la dulce vida adrianairis

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

After dinner we went to listen to some surf punk watching my friend Alex slappin’ the upright bass… she is such a rockstar… love it when girls really and truly kick butt… because they are strong and true to themselves…and that is so beautiful…

adrianairis la dulce vida

Mother’s Day came along and I spent the day surrounded by a group of friends and family… no pictures were taken. Sometimes there are events where no images are taken because of that which transpires is so beautiful, unspoken and private that only the memories serve as the true witness of what really happened…. and like a secret society those moments and stories are never told or shared with anyone other than those who were there present…

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
My hands looked liked as if I was missing 3 of my 5 fingers so I placed the camera on my hand 


Now and today I celebrate Casey… On a May 9th exactly 11 years ago we wed…

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

Love thank you...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

Here's to at least 40 more...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida


Have an amazing week Peeps...

16 comments:

  1. Every now and then mama needs a little time solita ... dinner and a movie. I think it's healthy. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your family. : ) Wishing you those extra 40, amiga. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! I love the whole Scottish medieval festival thing. There used to be one here in Miami but I don't know what happened to it over the years. As always I treasure your photos cause they give a true glimpse into your life and in and of themselves speak so loudly of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, and it sounds like a beautiful Mother's Day.

    I love your little girl in the beautiful frilly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv the fireworks photo. Great post.

    I'd like 2 borrow sweet cheeks dress :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from the "All Week Long" blog hop! Hope you're having an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary of togetherness forever xoxoxxo
    really enjoy your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous photos! I have always struggled with going back to places that I have such fond memories of. Sometimes the present does not live up to those amplified souvenirs we have from so long ago. Although from time to time I am surprised! Thanks for stopping by my blog and comments, it let me to you and I see we have some of the same passions. Looking forward to reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from your newest follower via the Tuesday Blog Hop! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Have a great week!
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely blog. Happy Anniversary!
    www.chillinwithjill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful family!!!!
    Tks for stopping by!
    Following you back

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful photos. I found your blog by chance but decided to poke around while I was here. I'm so glad I did that. You've really created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I've enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary and many more!
    You family is beautiful.

    Hello I am following you via TTT blog hop. Please follow me.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lot of fun!

    I'm stopping by from Totally Tuesday Blog Hop. I am a new follower. I hope you'll come check me out and follow me too!

    Sarah
    PS Mom Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am following you back from the hop, but I just noticed you live in my hometown! I have a TON of family in Savannah! Small world :) You have some amazing photos on your blog. I can't wait to see more :) Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day! I've always wanted to go to a Reniassance fair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes...Haggis is pretty gross.
    I really enjoyed the pics you took of the fair...I really miss fairs like this and your pics transported me there...so thank you for that sweetie.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...