Friday, November 15, 2013

What It Feels Like For A Girl...

When I showed up to do a photo shoot with Caitlyn and Ashley the concept was still hazy in my head. That's the thing about photography. You think you have a clear concept but that would be just one sided. For me to create an image that is unique the soul of the model has to shine through. When I saw Caitlyn bend her gender and reality it was clear Madonna would be the vibe, the point of contact and my visual connection to the outcome of the shoot. One of my favorite Madonna songs would be What it feels like for a girl...

The opening lyrics goes something like this...

Girls can wear jeans
And cut their hair short
Wear shirts and boots
'Cause it's OK to be a boy
But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading
'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading
But secretly you'd love to know what it's like
Wouldn't you
What it feels like for a girl...


What it feels like...
Models: Ashley & Caitlyn
Wardrobe: Private Collection
Photography: Moi.








Strong inside but you don't know it
Good little girls they never show it
When you open up your mouth to speak
Could you be a little weak








2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures in this post. I really like the last one. I do photography but I am no expert. I really enjoy your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...