Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Confessions...

My body is craving colors.
Not pastels.
Bright colors.
Bright blues and greens.

Blue like Frida Kahlo's house and the greens you find on a peacock feather.
Intense bright colors that burn deep.

 photo savannah_zps61f08721.jpg


As a woman the balancing act is endless and I am honest when I tell you that I envy the time male photographers seem to have. I've watched many female photographers trying to balance home and whatever event they can book to make ends meet. Male photographers seem to have it easier when it comes to developing and harnessing the craft and the process of mastering fine art photography. Their time always seem to be vast and easy to schedule. Diane Arbus did not have the same challenges as Ansel Adams. She a mother and wife was made to feel inadequate and guilty more times than not for choosing to follow her passion. Her guilt was unbearable while she was trying to figure out who she was as an artist and trying to fulfill her wifely duties.


 photo marsh_zps5c8d78d9.jpg


Hubby has been gone for a few days now... a business trip. I expect him shortly this evening. My time has been limited. I can tell you that to make this post I had to make a few bribes and promises.


 photo ladulcevida2_zpsfb26cbdb.jpg


I can tell you that I look at my camera and I have an intense need for travel and self discovery.


 photo thesweetlife_zps4505fe31.jpg


I can also tell you that some will judge me because of such confessions.
But my body is craving colors. Not pastels. Bright colors. Intense bright colors that burn deep.

 photo moonriver_zps7038c90a.jpg


Instagram Freak... @adrianairis

 photo instagram_zpsef1b8599.jpg


Happy midweek peeps.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Even your photographs in black and white are saturated with bright hues, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous as usual girlfriend. and your models are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats to judge? (I get judged for this too) Becoming a mother has only intensified and brightened my passions. Leading a full and passionate life will teach our children to do the same.

    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I want my children to admire me for that and then do the same. I know your children certainly will xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be really tough being a mom, a wife, and a career woman all at the same time. Hugs to you, Adriana. These shots are stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women will always be judged whether they follow their passions or not. As long as YOU are happy with the decisions you make in life, screw the judgmental people. Keep up the good work, I really like your photographs!

    Sofia
    (a wife, mother, part-timer, hoping to some say be a professional photographer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep striving after that which you know is in your heart--it IS harder for a female in which ever profession she chooses. Some day maybe this will change, but for now--follow those dreams even if it takes a wee bit of bribery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes - peacock feathers & Frida Kahlo! Thanks for being honest enough to say what every woman must feel but feels too afraid to show. But I have to say from my vantage point of over here in the barren fields - the wheat not yet showing its colors - you've got some brilliant colors there. Not every colorful thing ends up in a woman's photographs. The colors are sometimes in her heart. And words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While you're craving colors I'm especially loving that last black & white photo.
    Wait till you see the jades & saphire blues next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos as always, I'm craving warmth and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, but what you give us, even while craving colors, is absolutely amazing! Your time will come . . . work on the craft, the nuances, and when the opportunities open, you will be ready.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...