Monday, February 27, 2012

Emergency Alert System...

My mind's eye grow fabric by the metre.
By the yards. Hills and mountains of laundry.
A never-ending supply of dirty clothes...

This is all I could type Saturday.
All I could think about...

So I activated my own emergency alert system.

I went on Facebook and I emailed a few friends...
Texted a few others with a simple message that said :

9pm at The Bohemian Hotel.


I was not certain of who would show up and I did not know if anyone was as desperate as I for a bit of conversation and laughter among adults.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I am thankful because I have a net.
Because I can activate my own Emergency Alert System and they hear it and they know...
No questions asked.
My call was answered. 
They showed up...

Photobucket



3.5 hours later I was home and I felt all brand new.
We all need First Responders.


This is what Sunday Oscar night looked like around the casa...
I really wanted Viola Davis to win.


Photobucket


Happy Monday and when needed call a friend... Stay Sweet Peeps!

11 comments:

  1. Love the pics. Looks like you had a great time. Make it a great week. Hope you don't need your EAS except for pleasure. xoxo Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww lovely photos :) TOO CUTE
    Glad you had such an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to have a network like this - glad you have yours, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool ;)

    so true we all need time out to refresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Networks of favourite people who know when to be there for you are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't know why, but this post made me choke up.

    Beautiful. I adore that those people were there for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I wish I could have been there, too.

    You are beeeeeautiful, Adriana. Inside & Out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww, that's the best! You make me wish I were back in CA. We all need this kind of escape ever now and again ... even if it means hopping on a plane. Te mando un abrazo, Amiga. p.s. I was hoping Viola would win, too. : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to make some more girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw it looked like so much fun x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a very inspiring and close to my heart. Made me remember those days when I could rely on my friends when needed a laugh and cheers up and to desconnect from this sometimes hectic world. Thank you for writing this. I'll definetly plan a gathering with them to relive those precious moments.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...