Monday, October 24, 2011

A Postcard From The Edge...

Not much is said about me in these pages but I have been a witness to it all for the past 13 years. I have watched the highs and the lows. I have seen many come into our lives and some have left us as well. I have seen tears of sadness as well as tears of happiness. Not much is said about me since at times my Bichon Frise ways gets in the way...

Photobucket

But I've endured the roughhousing of two little girls. One thought I was an  unicorn and that went on for quite sometime. She wanted to ride me it was torture. Now we move on to the newest one... She thinks I am some type of polar bear. She tugs on my ears with loving force and sometimes excitedly she yells loud and breaks into laughter. She is funny that little one and mostly makes me nervous since she is most unpredictable and I am getting old.


adrianairis La Dulce Vida

I also watched a boy grow from the age of 6 until almost twenty. His feelings towards me are different since I would take most of my angst and frustration out on the boys bedroom carpet. I sense the boy has gone somewhere since I have not seen him for at least 4 days and that is a rare occurrence. Specially when I no longer am told to get out when I open his bedroom door. I have concluded he has moved on.

Photobucket

This weekend the house was loud with mostly little girls running in and out of it. Fabric, ribbons and baskets full of candy which seem like the perfect delicacies but the lady of the house yells at me when I try to get near it saying it will kill me.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida


It does not look like it would though... and in my opinion she is selfish and she should lay off the bonbons. They went on a trip and brought home some pumpkins she is taking pictures of them making yet another mess. I wish they would indulge me when I make those types of messes.

But such is life...

Photobucket


I am sure from here on you will see a bit more of me and hear what I have to say...


adrianairis La Dulce Vida

After all I am part of their lives...

 Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, lovely family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me genuinely smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I had a BF once. He was my best buddy until he passed away. A very sad day in my life. I can just see your's expression while you are telling his story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post, very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't told us your name! I've only met one other Bichon Frise - her name is Laika and she's not very friendly. She lives in the house of the family where I get to spend 'holidays' when Jose and Corinne go out on theirs. I think you'll be much friendlier.
    Love and licks
    ~ Pablo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A warm and lovely post filled with humor and emotions. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ---like a fluffy white cloud :)

    Lovely. Always. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! What a precious pup and post! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was just precious....As always....XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you from the Give a Hoot Wednesday Blog Hop! Cute blog!!
    Swanky Baby
    swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww lol, so cute. I found you on the Tuesday Train Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I hope you are not missing your boy too much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweetness ~ the 6th shot r.o.c.k.s * *

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tears came down my face as I remembered those exact feelings as my daughters were growing and flying. It's scary to see them fly. You wish you can cut their wings to hold onto them longer but unfortunately, such is life. We have to learn to let go and rely and hope they take the right paths making wise judgments on their new journeys to adulthood making sure they are fully aware that here we are with arms widely opened to receive them when in need.

    I love you very much prima. Nice to see we share the same feelings through miles apart, we still share so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh oh, careful- you've given him a voice and now he won't give you a moments peace. ; ) Love it.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...