Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home...

What happens when your evenings and days go by seamlessly...
Wake up wearing flannel and the day ends you go to bed wearing flannel... 
Where life has moved indoors into a nest of flannel and tissues since the husband has been ill...

adrianaris

Soup simmers on the stove and we keep a few candles burning because he loves them and that makes him feel cozy... 
Home is where he only wishes to be and that makes my soul rejoice...  
Silently my soul sings loud harmonious church like choir songs because this is where I want to be...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

So what if our mornings stretch all the way into the afternoon and dinner attire is again flannel pants... 
We all know it won't last forever. 
Our house not only shelters us but it heals and comforts our souls becoming the place where we want to be...
Home.

adrianairis La Dulce Vida

Who knows what will the weekend bring. 
By then we will be ready to venture out and have some new adventures but then again... 
Home might be the place we will want to be...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
Nothing more romantic than the moonlight bathing the Spanish moss... 

Later Peeps!

adrianairis La Dulce Vida


A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.
~Benjamin Franklin


17 comments:

  1. Love all the photos but especially of the moss! Something so gorgeous& soft about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Really like your blog and photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super love your blog and photos! new follower here from blog hop. =)

    -Macy
    www.maccyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your blog and the photos are just gorgeous! I know what you mean about mornings stretching all throughout the day; ours do too. :) Home is supposed to be comfortable, not formal. :)

    I'm your newest follower from Social Parade on Friday. :) Hopefully you can visit back and follow as well! Have a great weekend!

    Krissy @ Mommy Miscellaneous

    ReplyDelete
  5. what amazing pictures!!!
    I linked up thru the weekend blog hop!! I have followed thru GFC. I will thru networked blogs, FB etc when I get home (blocked at work!)

    Hope you can stop by my site too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. --Adriana,

    coming here is like a small prayer...

    Sweet kisses from MN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible photos!! New follower here from blog hop. I'd love for you to check out mine, too! http://awhineintime.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/the-branch-in-the-bathroom/
    Thanks!
    ~Stace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Longing for days when I could wear flannel pants... ;) Loved the pictures and your words always touch the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful images. I'm a new follower from Six Sisters' Stuff blog hop :)
    http://attackofthehungrymonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Beautiful. You are talented!

    Found you on Finding New Friends Hop!
    Me ----> www.littlecrunchy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! Home is where the heart is! And just so that you know. . . I've been in my pajamas for 2 days straight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muchacha entiendo completamente. My schedule becomes over loaded when school starts until we settle into the new routine which is sometime around Halloween.

    Hope everyone is feeling better and you were able to enjoy your wknd.

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite are those pics of moss draped trees. I don't know what it is about them . . . maybe a past life ;P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you said about waking up in flannel and going to be in flannel, so seamlessly. Very lyrical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My contribution to Latino Rebels
    Documenting the Occupy Movement: Reporting from #OccupyMiami

    http://latinorebels.com/2011/10/16/documenting-the-occupy-movement-reporting-from-occupymiami/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pictures. This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm happy to be back in the comfort of my sweats and UGGs. :) That Spanish moss ... everytime you post it, you remind me of the bayou and Interview With a Vampire.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...