Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving...Friends...Kids...



Is the most wonderful time of the year… When these ingredients are widely used and if you don’t have them in hand then I am not certain about your thanksgiving….

Photobucket

The house is getting ready for friends and family. I am so excited this year for some reason it felt uniquely different for a second I had to stop to think why and how it was different but then it just daunt on me that the reason might be and could be the fact that I feel my family is now complete with the birth of Mia. I always knew I wanted to be a mother. There was never a doubt that I wanted to create my own tribe. I also did not plan or expected her in my life but she has changed everything and brought much happiness and joy into a family that was already happy. All she has done is magnify it… Like a giant magnifying glass she has raised the blessings and happiness quotient ten fold. I can only hope one day she understands that her birth and seeing her face for the first time is and was nirvana.

adrianairis

Been very proud of  myself since I am almost to my weight goal…the goal of the pre-baby weight but all that went out the window when I began cooking for the holiday… Between the pie, the southern style biscuits with melted honey butter, Arroz con gandules (rice with green pigeon peas) a Puerto Rican dish, two styles of dressing… I just began my potato salad and most of my friends are in kitchen duty to bring stuff over.
This can only mean one thing…


adrianairis
used local Savannah Tupelo Honey...

adrianairis La Dulce Vida
Arroz Con Gandules Green pigeon pea rice.




adrianairis La Dulce Vida
organic pumpkin pie.






I won’t lose the weight until the Summer season of 2011…
As I drove today Maia took a few pictures of her sister…

Photobucket
not bad Maia...

Photobucket

Be thankful …today and everyday…

2 comments:

  1. I really like your pictures; Very nice! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I, too feel complete since my son cme into my life. =)

    Arroz con gandules= yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...