Friday, October 15, 2010

smile for the birdie...

For the past 2 months my mother has done nothing but request a photo of the baby smiling. I can't seem to be able to take a good shot while she smiles… there is a course of action every time I embark on the quest of the smiling picture…

You see when she smiles I fall in love...just that simple. I am filled with happiness. I get excited. I forget the camera or grab the camera too late…or the camera shakes…or the lighting is bad…her eyes shine and the sun seems to shine brighter as she smiles at me... but it doesn’t because the picture is dark…

Then she smiles again and I fall in love with her… again... She reminds me how worth it all is... being a mother... a wife... it is a feeling of validation and approval from this little person.. letting me know that i am doing an alright job and she feels safe…and then I go for it…

I can make her smile… one more time…this time she laughs so hard she coughs and kicks fast full of excitement…she moves my hand away from the camera with her tiny feet…I laugh…she laughs harder…I tell her that I love her so much and that I am so lucky…she smiles at me again…

my eyes water because now I am so moved…she stops smiling…she looks at me…puzzled…and she begins to cry…once again I don’t have a good picture of her smiling…they are all blurry…but I can’t wait to try again… for now my very fuzzy, out of focus and very blurry attempts…

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww! She is a darling, camera blur and all. Maybe you could try a shot with the timer on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try the timer. Hope that works otherwise we will have another post about messed up timed pictures. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...