Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween & Lace...


"I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations ever made of the fantasy of nature; lace always evokes for me those incomparable designs which the branches and leaves of trees embroider across the sky, and I do not think that any invention of the human spirit could have a more graceful or precise origin."   Coco Chanel, April 29, 1939

I just love Coco... Is almost Halloween and this year I am battling a cold. All I can hope is that I am feeling much better by Saturday’s Masquerade Ball since hubby and I chose not to host Hallows Eve this year. I have decided to wear a long dress and a mask that I’ve yet to make because I would like to make one out of lace and my body has yet to drag itself to the fabric store. I feel inspired by a mask that Madonna wore during a photo shoot years ago… hers was a butterfly mine will be different but made out of a lace like material. Like I said I am inspired. Since I believe that lace is the invention of a goddess.
Photobucket

The girls already got their costumes and Maia wanted to be a gypsy and she wanted one of those mass produced costumes like the ones you buy at Target and then you have 10 of the same at your door that night. I remember the year of High School Musical we had 7 Sharpay’s at our door.  Crossing my fingers but then again might be a blessing in disguise if she learns that is better to create your own.

adrianairis

Since we are not holding a Halloween party this year; we have chosen to instead cuddle up by the fireplace, tell stories, scare a few trick-or-treaters, rampage and pillage the kids’ candy and watch a few scary movies. There will be other years for us to once again host the parties but for now simplicity will be key and will reign in our haunted house.
adrianairis
Jorge and Baby… He is crazy about her…

Enjoy all sweet and spooky things this weekend…

3 comments:

  1. That mask is amazing! I hope that you will be able to make it! New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace picture. My first costume was of a gypsy, I loved it, but my mom made it for me so nobody else had it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...