Wednesday, December 26, 2012

About Disneyland...

While I roamed the earth sleeping in houses that had no ceilings or walls... No roof and only the stars and all of the galaxy would cover me... I learned about the beauty and power of family. How no man is an island. I also gathered very quickly that when you run and you have nowhere to go it can be quite manic... to the point of desperation.

One day I knew I would be moved to give and pay forward without any acknowledgement. I also knew one day I would have a family of my own.

As I would walk aimlessly I knew one day I would grow roots. That I would find a place I could call home. A city that would serve all me sensibilities and passions that would be kind to me during the winter seasons and would be like a precocious child longing for spring.

My very own happy place on earth... My Disneyland.

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

I can tell you the road was long and it wasn't paved by roses. I can tell you that there are a thousand and one stories in between.

Regardless how it all happened this is where I am...

Photobucket


Photobucket


I am home.


Photobucket


Merry Christmas everyone.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Priceless - absolutely priceless! The results are always worth the journey! Reia from www.southcountrysides.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. and as Dorothy would say when she clicked her red heels together. "there is no place like home..." You've captured the essence of family and holiday so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE pic of your little one closed eyed and hugging her doll made me tear up. A perfect pic illustrating a mother's love- both hers and ours.

    Congrats on being featured in the Georgia Bloggers, but more congrats on finding your Disneyland.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could describe in a comment how the pictures of baby M made me feel. She is so precious. Miss M has grown up to be such a wonderful little woman. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How far you have come!! To watch your family grow and love and share these memories is priceless!! Lovely photos :) Your children are so adorable.

    Thank you so much for linking up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop last week. I am following you by the way. :)

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!)

    Come and link up, enter the giveaway (if you haven't yet) and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Adriana!!! Look at Baby M holding her baby so tight!! she is definitely imitating her sweet mommys hugs...you have an adorable family...love u!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I love her hugging the baby doll, Ariel's been pushing hers around in her brand new baby doll stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are precious. I'm glad our paths continue to cross. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really the most beautiful Christmas story I've ever read. The photos say everything about now - and I love how you only needed a few words to express the desperate state of not belonging anywhere. Thank you for sharing the love & warmth & hope of one day finding a home for those who wander xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me cry a little. I'm so glad you are home xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. :)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...