Friday, October 12, 2012

About The Earth...

I get asked to photograph all kinds of people, things and events. Some of those are famous. From authors to rock stars to pop stars. Beautiful people, eccentric and out of the ordinary. Then I get to also photograph the bizarre,the strange and the shocking. Those moments that take our breath away and for one second we are trapped in that one moment in time when the image was created. Some are your everyday people and these are my favorite subjects.

People with a story, a drive, a passion that moves you because it is infectious their warmth and spirit and like the chorus of a pop song you get it...you dig.  Those moments when you are inspired to create and yesterday was that moment for me. I met a woman named Catherine Compton someone who is passionate about farming but most importantly passionate about ecologically-minded farming.

Photobucket

I already grow flowers and herbs during the summer and eggplant, cucumbers and peppers but I wish to be challenged year round. Her vision and the ways she would praise everything that is locally grown is  motivating. I will be growing a winter garden and So I share with you her work through my images and if you are in the Savannah area you must check out Farm a la Carte.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


“The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.”
― Masanobu Fukuoka

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Weekend Peeps...
Let's grow something...

Photobucket

and please stay sweet.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. When I garden I feel closest to mother earth, the universe, everything ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Such a lucky lady to have been inspired and have that experience. Te lo comiste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie and I love gardening! Of course BB only gardens during the winter or at night. LOL Can only imagine what the neighbors think! ; ) ::cackle,cackle::

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures! Darned if I don't already miss Summer! We have a "killer frost" coming tonight... (everybody say oooooooooooo!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks isnt that how it goes?!?! ;)
      keep warm during the frost.

      Delete
  5. The green! Todo tan hermoso, como siempre. Wish I didn't have an aversion to soil and all the creepy crawlies in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...