Wednesday, September 5, 2012

About The Sweet Life...

 About my week...
Calmness and stillness has reigned around the house throughout the weekend and week and I am embracing it. Working on my photography particularly on the composition of photography. I, now understand that subject matter alone is not enough. Photography is helping and teaching me things that I can apply to my everyday life. When I look at the world through a camera I see the world and reality as it is. I can't change it. In that place I have to find an order in the chaos and finding out what I want to say in a small rectangular space its a challenge. When I am alone photographing observing my surrounding I begin to feel each element that gives life to that space.

Photobucket
The turtle that came to my front door this morning.


Photobucket


About his birthday...
*If you are new to the blog it would help to read this.*

Late last night flipping through the channels very fast because as of lately the TV doesn't soothe me. I stopped on a music channel and Adele was performing Rolling In the Deep. It was the unplugged version and it was filled with soul and beauty. Quickly it hit me...There are so many songs you have missed and I wish you could have listened to each one of them. Music so good that it might have helped saved your soul. So many things have happened because the world just won't stop turning and I miss you so much. Yesterday he would have turned 34 years of age. When I take inventory of all the things that I have done in the last six years of my life I can't help but to feel sorry for him and for my mother. Nothing can be of a greater pain than a mother losing her child regardless of the age.

 Photobucket

About Seasons...
There is something in the air and I can feel it. My body is settled and ready to embrace cinnamon, cloves and pumpkins. The colors of Terracotta, scarves and boots and I have even missed the commentators sounds during Monday night football. Tomorrow is Savannah's Fashion Night Out my second year attending this fabulous event that screams Fall is here. We are bringing down the pumpkin garlands from the attic and the talk of costumes has begun.


 Photobucket

About Updates...
Check out the Q&A I Blog 4 Me publish for us.
Have a great midweek and please stay sweet.

 Photobucket



14 comments:

  1. To sum up the moment in one small rectangular space... how wonderful life would be if we could all find that common denominator, that truth.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  2. His birthday (now) is every day. Where he is I am sure he gets celebrated every day. As he should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. It's always tough on the special days.
    What a beautiful last photo. There is something special about black & white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be living in a beautiful place for turtles to come by your door. Here, in India, turtles are fast getting extinct creatures and they have to be protected. Do you live by the sea?

    I am sure your brother is smiling at your tender posts and wishing the best for you and yours. And what better ways to celebrate him than your thoughts and writing!

    I wish the calm and serene moments always fill your days and may mellifluous music always reign in your being.

    Be blessed.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a big hug and lots of love, my friend. There are signs hidden everywhere, if only we take the time open our eyes and really look. Can't imagine the photography getting any better than it already is! Hope you had fun at Fashion Night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep sitting here crying. Beautiful words and photos as always xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo cute, I love the curls and the turtle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally in love with that last photo.. and a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy my visits to your blog. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos. I'm hopping over from Fab Friends Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog through the 'Sit and Relax Weekend' blog hop. I have been enjoying your gorgeous photos and lovely words. So happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. **Rolling In the Deep**

    listening to this song hurts my heart...but I love it.

    You are a prayer to me. Thank you. Xxxxxx

    I thought about you on your brother's 34th birthday. My heart ached for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all of your beautiful photos ... and the music! I'm a new follower on FB, Twitter, Google + and GFC ... hope you will come follow me.
    Thanks and have a blessed day! http://livinglifewright.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Adrian for linking up at the Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop! Your turtle and hanging lamps in the trees are my favorite photos, but I think the turtle is the winner. :)

    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey!

    Just popping over from the Make My Saturday Sweet hop! One way to draw me into any blog is have an animal the post.. So you have me hooked already - look forward to reading more.

    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...