Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Heat...

I taste nothing but salt and Shea butter as I lick the top of my lips and the sweat drips down... The heat covers me like a thick Afghan blanket and the sun shines on every inch of my body as I wear that very daring swimsuit that I won't dare to wear anywhere in public...


adrianairis La Dulce Vida



I watch the curves on my body as my skin is getting darker and the light reflects a few tones in the spectrum of cooper, gold and bronze and I feel compassion and kindness... To the flaws and the dimples... To the scars that point to a time when I ran fearlessly and climb just about every tree... I look at my legs... The ones that walked out of so many situations and have ran after people because I never wanted to let go... The legs that have danced to just about every beat...



adrianairis La Dulce Vida



At my thighs the same thighs I grabbed unto when I needed strength to deliver a baby...  At my hips... The same hips I would sway side to side when I was young, free and coquettish... The same hips that have swayed like a cradle all three of my children... Like a pendulum on a clock these hips have marked the time... My time...



adrianairis La Dulce Vida

adrianairis La Dulce Vida



I count the freckles on my arms... The same freckles he has pretended to be in the shape of all the constellations... My arms that hold unto him so tight... The arms that have cradled so many loved ones... My hands... The hands that heal, nourish, feed and make things grow with the help of the sun and water... My fingers... The fingers that point to each one of those constellations that I learned the names from you while you pointed them out on my body...



adrianaris



Today I love this body and what it has created... Today I love this heat and the madness it provides me which fuels my inspiration... Today as I map out my life and my body I can remember every summer I ever had...



la dulce vida adrianairis


The weekend was sweet... The weekend was nice... And as long as this heat fuels my ideas I will wrap myself  in that blanket... Happy Monday Peeps... Stay Sweet!




20 comments:

  1. this post was a gift. i loved reading it. i'm still swaying a little. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. "Visiting from Monkey Do" Blog Hop!

    Love your photos....will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ----This is how I felt before Kay.
    You inspire...encourage me to think ... perhaps, perhaps, perhaps- I may feel that JOY once again.
    xxx
    The Music. Words. Photos.
    Flow perfectly together into the perfect poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm over from Behind the Lens.
    You have an outstanding blog, both images and words. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a beautiful post.

    love, little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful post. and your pictures are gorgeous as usual! I love the bird on the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures!

    Following you on GFC from Tuesday Tag Blog!

    http://tinyfingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ay, amiga. Que bonitos sentimientos. Mia is getting so big! You made me giggle with the picture of el pajarito on the wire. He's having a private moment. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Post!

    I'm a new follower! I'd love for you to stop by and say hi at The Thought that Counts

    ReplyDelete
  10. If we could all learn to love ourselves ~ wouldn't the world be a better place!

    Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post! I enjoyed it! Alot.

    New follower from
    In our sea of love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and prose! Nice break from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you are a beautiful writer. Talented for sure..you kept mr interested and I read the entire post..which I am not gonna lie..most of the time I skim through.

    I also count the freckles on my arms..and they seem to be growing in number :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your writing. It touches the soul and it is very heart-warming. I'm so glad I found your blog. :-)

    Take care!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post, so glad to have found that on a cloudy day like this with Emily headed my way.
    Your words and photos are beautiful, I'm so glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. enjoying the rhythm of this post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just popping over from FTLOB! Both your writing and photography was inspiring. Thanks for seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...