Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You My Mother?

"Are You My Mother?" is the story about a mother bird who knows her egg will be in her nest where she left it, so she leaves him alone to go and get something for him to eat. The baby chick hatches. He does not understand where his mother is so he goes to look for her. In his search, he asks a kitten, a hen, a dog, and a cow if they are his mother. They each say, "No."
Then he sees an old car, which cannot be his mother for sure. In desperation, the hatchling calls out to a boat and a plane, and at last, convinced he has found his mother, he climbs onto the teeth of an enormous power shovel. But as it shudders and grinds into motion he cannot escape. "I want my mother!" he shouts.
But at this climactic moment, his fate is suddenly reversed. The shovel drops him back in his nest, just as his mother is returning home, and the two are reunited, much to their delight. He then tells her about the adventure he had looking for her.
Mia Stella called me Momma for the first time...I kept testing and probing her making sure it was what she meant.
I wanted to make sure it was not for milk... for her sister... the pacifier... the dog... the cat...
I wanted to make sure she meant..
 me. 
Photobucket


So narcissistic my song and dance... I kept looking and observing her like as if she was a visitor and spoke a foreign language. 


Photobucket


I kept making sure... to the point I showed her a picture of me ...
Mama she said... right there and then I knew I was it... It was me all along... 


Photobucket


Mama. Sweet words indeed...









References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_My_Mother%3F



12 comments:

  1. The word momma coming from the lips of little ones are so sweet! Love the pictures of Mia, esp. the last one. It looks like she is thinking of something or in a deep conversation with someone sitting next to her. Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always such a wonderful moment when they say your name for the first time! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I remember that wonderful word with each of mine. Sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how sweet... i remember the time when my son called me mummy...

    enjoy her while u can sweet...

    have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhh yes, being a mommy is the greates gift isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww - that is so sweet! I know it is SO special to me in those moments when only mommy will do. There's nothing else like it! It makes you feel irreplaceable like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes what a wonderful moment! Strangely, I was never mama. One day I came home and little one looked up and said LALA! And so the name stuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming over from Mom Loop. You take great photos. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was my grandson and now his sons favorite book. I cherish those moments reading with them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics! And so cool when they say your name for the first time!!

    I can almost tell the story 'Are you my mother" off by heart ... it was my oldest daughters absolute favourite book for a loooooong, looooooong time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so great to hear those words for the first time. I love the story, I read almost every night. It makes me think that we are not lost at all when we have a mother in this world or the next. Although when we read it the name is "Are you my Mommy?". Mia looks exquisite in the pictures. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...