Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Acceptance...

On April the 2nd of 2010 I received a package from my kid brother. I thought it was a baby present being that I was pregnant with Mia at the time. When I opened the box inside was the camera I used during my college years. The one my grandmother bought for me to go to photography school.

The note inside my package said : "Adriana your emotions and feelings are heartfelt through this medium please go back to it, find it once again, and feel your essence. Let us see the world through your eyes" Love J.M.

At that moment I went back in time... the time when I dreamed of being a photo journalist and going to places of conflict, war and famine. I wanted to document images that were heartfelt and honest with hopes that one day they would become an amazing document. One of those documents that serve to teach the future generations. Images that show feelings, humanity and circumstances all frozen in time.


When I moved to the US for some strange reason I left all my equipment, prints and dreams of completing such. I wanted to detach from the craft as if it was my original hair color and now covered in greys I am trying to hide it with hair-dye. I stashed the idea under the bed way back by the shoe box.

When I opened my package and read his note I shed tears... I remembered how I felt as I photographed as if I have just gained eye sight once again... I looked at my now vintage camera and remember the bond we had. Like a lost and found lover I fell hard for photography and is true it is my essence.

Fast forward to January 2011 now my kid brother gone and I am still healing and a friend asked if I wanted to take part of a collective show to be held on April 2nd 2011. This day would be the opening the same day I received the camera from my now deceased brother.
Coincidence? Destiny? Fate? Who knows... but I am giving it a whirl and I am so inspired.
I have finished with all the photo-shoots I am now in post production. I decided that all my images would link my kid brother, my kids and dreams together. I trust my soul and my goal is to BE. There's only now...there's only here and I am giving in to love.

Now I share my crew... my stylist, set producers and models to my opening show in Savannah...

Photobucket

Life is sweet...

15 comments:

  1. Sometimes the stars, the moon, the spirits all come together for just the right moment to remind you that life still exists beyond what we hold here. Congratualtions, you have come a long way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great brother. I can't believe the dates are the same! That can't be coincidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY Dora... What a beautiful comment.

    @Kandi life is great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it as a way of things coming full circle. Everything in our lives have a purpose for being there. I had to fight tears when I read this because I know how you loved your brother and how close you were to him. Love you for who you are and what you are becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a heart touching post. I think that your brother was amazing and great in helping your rediscover your dream. I know that he is so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from SITS. Cute blog. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful story and a beautiful blog. I found you through Blog Frog and am so happy to follow you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coincidence & Deja vu is like catching your reflection in the Universe where we are all connected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful opportunity! I am always inspired by your photography; it makes me with I was better with a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all good luck on your upcoming event. I know exactly how you feel. I left writing for many years and came back to life when I reunited with "my love". Continue showing us the world from your eyes. We're enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your brother seemed to be reminding you to be YOU - an artist whose medium is photography! I'm sure he's rejoicing over the way you are using your gift...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a powerful post...and such a strong message in this to listen and learn. Thank you for being present and for sharing your vision and being willing to walk through your own opening doors.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and powerful post. You can't run away from what moves you - and I'm so glad you are here, sharing your beautiful photography with us through your blog. And that you have got a chance to showcase your talent at a show - on the same date on which your brother sent you your vintage camera and made you re-ignite your passion. It's a sign - and I'm glad you're heading it's call. All the very best for your show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy you "found" your camera, again. You touch a lot of people with your pictures, amiga. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment...